Saturday, 5 December 2015

Blandco No More: Updated Solid is Sensational & Wood You Love My Kitchen Recolours

Update 14/12/2015 - I exported the wrong DDS format for 2 of the wood cabinets, so please re-download the wood kitchen to get the updated file for the 2 cabinets. 

I absolutely love the kitchens in TS4, way better then TS3 kitchens, but CAS would have made them perfection. So I decided to take my favourite kitchen, the BlandCo style, and recolour them in some wood and solid colours. They were released some time ago and dubbed Solid Is Sensational Painted Kitchen and Wood You Love My Kitchen. Since EA added dishwashers, I have finally got around to updating these officially (you could use S4S to do a batch fix previously) but I wanted to do more then just an update. So by popular demand, I have not only updated for dishwashers, added 2 more solid colours, 3 counter top colours, I have also provided a package file of the cabinets with the shader fix akin to what plasticbox at MTS has done. I have included a non-shader fixed one because I have found when items like fridges are placed under the cabinets, they go dark, so this is a win-win situation.

The Build/Buy items feature:
  • basegame compatibility
  • non-default
  • 20 solid colours and 8 wood colours, with a choice between 3 counter top types (totaling 60 and 24 styles respectively)
  • Style tool compatible
  • custom thumbnails for standard cabinet (all others are game-generated due to shear number of them)
  • Version of cabinets with and without shader fix
  • Now dishwasher compatible
  • Pricing:
    - Counters: $150
    - Islands: $150
    - Cabinets: $135
Now, there has been many people ask for a shader fix for the cabinets, the same as what plasticbox has done as default overrides. I have provided such a file, however there is one small issue that is evident with any cabinet that has the counter shader:
This is due to how the shader interacts with the occluders of the fridge (and possibly other items). I am not going to explain how occluders work, they basically tell the game how to cast shadows. This is the reason for adding 2 versions of the cabinets. The issue can be fixed with default overrides for the fridges to remove their occluders, but it wont work if you are using recolours/meshes that include a new light source that is unique to the EA fridge light sources. So it was just easier supplying both. In the cover image I just used the non-shader cabinets on the left, and the fixed shader versions on the right. You have the choice to live with the issue, have both in game, or delete one of them. The package files are clearly labelled so you can make your own decision.

Note: these are new packages with the same file names. However, the ID's are different so they will not replace the original versions in your games. Therefore they need to be re-placed where you used the older versions. 

The archive contains the  package files and style image. Extract the archive using winRAR or a similar program, and place the package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. These recolours require an up-to-date game for them to show up. I hope you enjoy.

Solid Is Sensational Kitchen:

Wood You Love My Kitchen:

No comments:

Post a Comment