Saturday 18 September 2021

Cottage Living: Grand Henford Addon

 

Going to be brutally honest; I can't even use the stone windows from Cottage Living. Their scale is completely off and you would have thought they were a grand window, but they just lack the size. I had to fix it. So I enlarged them by about 50% and added more grand sizes. The lack of a matching door also bugged me, so I stripped the stone off the one design, made is simple, and designed a surround as an option. Also made a surround for the larger door as well. Now I have a set that is going to be perfect for manor builds without being lost on the walls. 

What you need to know:
  • You need Cottage Living for these to work, they are an addon after all
  • the stately Inspirational window requires medium wall height, all others can be used from short and above
The Build item/s feature:
  • Requires Cottage Living EP
  • non-default
  • 15 edited/new items
  • Available in original colour/style options
  • colour filter compatible
  • Find using the keyword "GrandHenford" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.

Download:

SimFileShare |  Curseforge Google Drive

My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support through Paypal or support me on Patreon.

22 comments:

  1. Will you be uploading this beautiful build also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this form? Probably not. It's just a mockup for the windows to showcase them. Some form may end up in a makeover of Henford on Bagly, but i am not sure at this point.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for responding!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic (as always). This was definitely needed. Thank you very, very much. 🌸😍🌸

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have literaly been waiting on this from you. You addons are always so helpful for builders. Vintage Glamour still stands as my favorite. Oooh and Strngerville. Those doors/windows are so amazing. Ilysm and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your add-ons for build sets. I can't get enough of them! I hope you do an add-on for the cottage shutter windows too! Thanks so much for all you make and do! I've loved your cc for years and I NEVER build a house without it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! I totally agree with you, these needed to be expanded. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!!! I couldn't play without your cc. Muchly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was definitely one of the add-ons I most hoped you would do. Beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping you would do a cottage living add on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unrelated question, as a creator of CC, is it possible to make wall ovens? You know these built into the cabinets, usually next to the fridge. I know the sims animation will match, but can they be functional?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would require changing the animation as it would be above the original height of a stove. Without it that would be non-functional.

      Delete
    2. Thinking about it, you could use the benchtop stove from DHD (I think it was that pack) since that is counter height.

      Delete
  10. These are stunning .. i have literally just bought the pack so that i can use them! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I see a comment from another user saying they bought the pack to use them.... but my question is do you HAVE to own the pack? These sound like an extension, and like you changed the shapes... so they would have new meshes yes? Style wise probably best if the (relevant) pack(s) are owned, but not unusable without?
    Thanks in advance for the extra insight. Sorry if its a totally stupid question! 😂

    (Also, I have been browsing and downloading your stuff this afternoon - consider me a new diehard fan. 😍)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo I saw on one of your other expanded packs where it said the pack was required. And came back to check this one and sure enough, there it was... the big obvious notice that we have to have the pack. 🤣

    So this comment is me coming back to apologize for my last comment- which hasn't even hit the page yet. You made it very clear, I was just having a duh moment and missed it.

    Still love your work! Saving a few of these pack expansions to my "someday" bookmarks folder for after I hopefully get them "someday" (like maybe after my birthday this month??? 😆😘).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a grey shady area making stuff BGC which i really don't want to get involved with. Comments occasionally get deleted if i do it before my morning coffee, you can't imagine how much spam i can get at times. May be easier to delete from my email, but it can lead to oopsie moments.

      Delete
    2. Stuff generally gets published from newest to oldest that day, like what happened here XD

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much for all your beautiful work. I am fairly new to your world but I am soooo impressed. You do the most amazing things. I just love the ones from Strangerville which are my favourites, but I Iove other sets too. I am so glad that you did a set from Country Living. I am absolutely in love with that expansion. Sadly though I find that the windows especially the latticed cottage ones are just so limited. I know I am not suppose to ask but is there any possibilty that at some point you might do a set of those as well or do you just do one set of doors and windows per expansion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sets I do really depend on inspiration and motivation. So there is always a possibility, but it really depends if I can visualise and execute them, and finding the time to make my thoughts reality

      Delete
    2. My appologies because I have not been back since January. Too many things to deal with right now but ... Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for replying back. That is very kind of you. Here's to hoping! No matter what though thank you so much for all that you do.

      Delete