Saturday 10 July 2021

Content Update: July 2021



Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update people on some updates i have been uploading over the past week. I had some things i needed to fix, and some things I wanted to implement, and some things that needed tweaking for one reason or another. So what has been fixed? Thanks for asking!

  • All chairs that slotted to a surface have been fixed. These include dining chairs, barstools, desk chairs, and high chairs. You can redownload, or if that's too hectic, grab S4S and run their batch fix, that is all I did. 
  • I enabled desks and dressers to snap under bunk beds. This was a little thing I wanted for my game, so you all benefit. Not mandatory though. Other objects that snap like loveseats, living chairs and alike already snapped so didn't need and update
    • do note that my bedding will not snap. Because I use separated bedframes it would require a larger overhaul to how I slot bedframes to mattresses which was out of the scope of this update
  • The new double showers I needed to make for Hamptons Getaway and Serenity Bathroom still had occluders leading to a dark spot, that has been rectified. 
  • Lennox Kitchen 4 seater table was missing a shadow group, cannot believe it's taken years to notice that...
Because this totalled in 27 custom sets and 3 addons, it's a lot of sets that needed to be reuploaded. That is why I am not listing and linking, I will be here all week. If it has anything listed above, it was updated so please use some common sense. If you are unsure, ask on this post to keep it all in one place.

SFS was giving me grief and throwing a "key not found" error during this process. If you get this try hard refreshing (crtl+F5) first to see if that helps. I did test all the files to make sure they loaded to download page as I went, but issues may still arise. In that case, grab file from Google Drive. If you are experiencing this, be very specific and tell me what file specifically, otherwise I am unable to help (telling me "you can't download" something is as useful as a chocolate teapot). 

If you do think I have missed updating a file (very likely) please also be specific so I can double check. I have made a lot of CC and even I go "hey that looks familiar, did I make that?

In that process I dumped all Onedrive links which will no longer work, there should at least be a link for google drive for older content, and if the item no longer exists, then it is no longer available. So please don't ask because i wont be about to help (I think it was just 2 cowhide rugs and early TS4 houses which are still on the gallery). 

Anyway, I think that is it. 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Peace!
    Just wanted to ask you, you will start to upload your fixed content following week?
    I have been using your CC and i ADORE everything! Only words of praise for you. 🙌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! But about that chocolate tea pot... I'm having trouble finding that download. 😂 💖 😉

    Hugs! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I truly can appreciate how much time it took to do all that. So this is just a note to say that I am grateful that you did take that time to update what you needed/wanted to update of all your amazing sets and items. It's one thing to know your content is loved by seeing the number of downloads or page accesses but it's much better to hear that you are appreciated and that your content is indeed loved as well. Kudos and hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I have found some that were missed. Oasis dining in both merged and separated are not showing as updated. I had downloaded and tried both separately, not overwriting older files. The date on the merged is 8/7/20. The barstool from the lennox dining set does not work from the merged file and is missing from the separated files or I'm not seeing it. Mad props to you for doing all of this work. I can't tell you enough how much you are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks i will take a look.

      Delete
    2. So I did indeed forget Oasis-Chic Dining on SFS, the Google Drive versions are up-to-date though. Will fix those SFS versions. I did miss dropping in the updated barstool, will fix that ASAP (is the kitchen file, not dining so I did double check dining part is fine too). It is a big file, and the one SFS was bitching about uploading earlier this week T_T

      Delete
    3. they should be updated, but sometimes the database takes a bit to update for SFS links, so i advise grabbing them from google drive if they don't show july 11 as the updated date on download page.

      Delete
  5. First let me start by saying your content is beautiful, and a big thanks to all the updates you do, it can't be easy!
    Second, sorry but i'm a bit late to the party regarding cc dining chairs! What do i need to do, go back into each set item i own and re-download them? I honestly wouldn't mind that, as i have no idea how to use S4S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to either redownload the sets that contain chairs, or use S4S. Both works. S4S is still a great program to get to know for running batch fixes, but if you aren't comfortable doing that, redownloading works too.

      Delete
  6. Everything is all good now. I don't know how you have time to do anything else with the incredible content you put out. I can't imagine not having your stuff in my game. If I had to have only one CC creator in game it's you, 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second TheISZ ! You are great & wonderful. Such a blessing ♥

    Thank you again! :) - Candee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello ! I have some issues with the "Strangerville" pack of windows and doors. I really don't know where it's from, I've take 2 pictures to show you my problem.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7hMEkd7u85Q4_K6vK8L2vzlI9qniPEk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IvTN7TpsMI3cSf0BWegQZpw61ZmE09SS/view?usp=sharing

    Sorry for my english, I'm french, I try my best ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, those images are private. You can either change the link restrictions to "everyone can view" or use another host for them as I can't see the problem to help

      Delete
  9. Hello! So I'm in love with your Vara office collection but now it's not working for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to need you to be more specific.

      Delete
  10. Lifeloveandwhy25 July 2021 at 03:43

    Since the latest patch all you CC disappeared from my builds. Any idea how/why and what I could do about it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, i am going to need more information before i am able to help.

      Delete
  11. Just wanted to stop and check out updates and to thank you for the hours and hours you put into the creation of the Sims. I appreciate all the effort and time you take to make such awesome creations and share with us in the community. I believe there are not enough people giving thanks and show appreciation for all that you creators do. I know it takes time away from your family and friends and you do it for the love of the game. So in saying, Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your wonderful creations and knowledge you share. I so appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I would like to understand how to run the batch fix for the chairs please? Could you tell me how to do it ? #noob :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your best resource for anything S4S related is on their forums. https://sims4studio.com/

      Delete
  13. Hi
    Just thought I'd let you know that there is a minor issue with your kitchen corner counters. I only noticed it today, when it was at a particular angle. They seem to jut out into the wall so that the counter length doesnt run flush. I checked other counters but it only appears to affect yours (I have all the sets and it affects them all. Happy to send you a screenshot if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is by design. I often want a u-shaped kitchen off a wall, but with the way Maxis counters work it leaves a cap for the inner corner when only one side is against the wall. what you are seeing is only visible when playing with walls down and was a compromise I made for more functionality.

      Delete
  14. Hi Peacemaker.

    Just wanted to start by saying that I am an avid fan of your work <3 Your creations are absolutely stunning and like no other.

    I've stated playing Sims 4 after a while, and I noticed one of my favourite pack of yours, The StrangerVille Addon, has the glitch of the window showing the wall more. I've run S4S and it doesn't pick up anything wrong with the packages (files). I've redownloaded the package as well, that didn't work either :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redownloading would have fixed the issue. Double check you don't have a duplicate files in your mods folder. The batch fix for windows don't work on that set because of when it was made, but it was updated when i did the fix.

      Delete