Sunday 16 May 2021

Broken Chairs From March Update

 So, I am still getting a lot of asks about these, and i want to state that I am currently not planning to update my core files. The reason? Maxis are planning on fixing this issue and is under investigation. I know this is a hard pill to swallow and that it is still an issue, but it is what it is. I don't want to update my core files then have to do another update to fix it. That is not a fun time for me.

If you are unable to wait, I recommend running the S4S batch fix which is quick and simple (and apparently reversible!). I highly recommend running it. Due to how the batch fix is done, i can't provide a separate download of them for everyone as they get grouped with the original swatches so it's hard to tell them apart, and you still need to delete the original files and re-place them (styling them to new swatches does not work). 

You can find S4S here (choose your operating system):

https://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your update, and your honesty, I for one will quite happily wait and see what Maxis comes up with first. I can't think of anything more annoying for you than updating your cc, and then having to re-update! Your wonderful cc is worth waiting for. Hope you are safe, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran the Sims 4 Studio batch fix several weeks ago and have not had any issues with it if anyone is worried about it. I also haven't read anything on the subreddit or help forums about people having problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What batch fix did you use? I only see Shower for Discover University

      Delete
    2. you need to ensure you have the latest version of S4S for it to show up, it wont on older versions.

      Delete
  3. Hey Peace! After the update yesterday the bedding is no longer working on my game. Have you had any other complaints so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no complaints about bedding so far. Can you elaborate on exactly what is happening?

      Delete