Sunday 13 December 2020

Hudson Bathroom - Collection of 31 New Items

I have had the idea to do a more 'industrial' bathroom for quite some time, but the idea never coalesced enough to come reality. I finally found that spark to reignite the idea, and here we are. I wouldn't say this is specifically industrial in style, but the metal takes centre stage in the design. It also has a few new ideas like a separated shower and surround which i thought was ingenious when I saw the idea floating around a few places. 

What you need to know:
  • The shower is separated into the wall-mounted plumbing and 3 pieces to combine for the surround. Due to limited shader choices, they will not seamlessly light up. 
  • The square sink is brighter then the oval sink because of shader choice which is a side effect. 
  • the folded towels are stackable, but will get put in the household inventory when you change wallpapers. Just a side effect of making decor this way
  • there are 32 items included. There is a decor and a Laundry Day hamper included in the folder. If you don't have laundry day just delete the one with LD in the name
Updates:
  • 16/12/2020: Updated textures on sink storage to properly match sink
  • 21/12/2020: Apparently the tuning for the wall-mounted shower is not basegame compatible so it is now marked as requiring Discover University. For those without that pack, a regular shower has been added, but it wont has as much freedom for placement as the original. When using the screens, keep in mind the footprint of the shower. 
The Build item/s feature:
  • basegame compatibility
  • non-default
  • between 2 and 34 colour/style options
  • colour filter compatible
  • Find using the keyword "Hudson" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
  • Price and polycount:
    • Oviform sink ($225, 1280 polys)*
    • Sink ($275, 1004 polys)
    • Sink Storage ($125, 395 polys)
    • Toilet ($825, 910 polys)
    • Bathtub ($1750, 902 polys)
    • Wallmounted shower ($350, 790 polys)
    • Industrial screen door ($195, 448 polys)
    • Industrial screen ($150, 266 polys)
    • Industrial narrow screen ($80, 246 polys)
    • Bathroom storage ($135, 540 polys)
    • Accent table ($115, 114 polys)
    • Stem wall light ($55, 408 polys)
    • Agave ($95, 516 polys)
    • Palm leaves ($185, 562 polys)
    • Giant strelitzia ($325, 890 polys)
    • Makeup mirror ($85, 515 polys)
    • Portal mirror ($155, 414 polys)
    • Perimeter mirror ($395, 290 polys)
    • Freestanding towel rack ($115, 934 polys)
    • Towel rack ($135, 966 polys)
    • Hanging bath towel ($75, 1078 polys)
    • Hanging hand towel ($35, 552 polys)
    • Toilet roll holder ($45, 314 polys)
    • Folded towels ($26, 354 polys)
    • rolled towel ($35, 320 polys)
    • Teak bathmat ($35, 2 polys)
    • Toilet brush ($20, 354 polys)
    • Handwash tray ($55, 304 polys)
    • Cleansing tray ($60, 634 polys)
    • Shaving station ($65, 714 polys)
    • hamper (decor and LD) ($165, 650 polys)
*Note: these items are considered "high poly" and should be used in moderation, or removed from your game if it can't handle them

Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.

Download:

SimFileShare | Curseforge Google Drive

For individual package files:

Google Drive

My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support and buy me a coffee

58 comments:

  1. Oh my...Christmas came early this year! Thanks a bunch, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great!!! Love the shaving station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set! I love your bathrooms as much as I love your build sets - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE THIS!
    As everything you do, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another bathroom pack! yay! looks amazing as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another wonderful creation! I love all your CC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas surprise!
    Thank you so much for creating these beautiful items and sharing them with everyone!
    Wishing you the merriest Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this set is so beautiful! I'm using the whole set in a new studio flat build. Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I'm going to download it right now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect xmas prezzy.
    Kinda had a feeling you'd release the bathroom that you already mentioned for xmas.
    THANKS a bunch & dozens of hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only happened that way because I got busy 🤣

      Delete
  12. Thank you again for all your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it.. deleted all my cc but only kept all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your creations so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I love your content. Thank you so much.

    Can you help me I use winrar and i downloaded and pasted it into mods but the shower wont work in live mode. Can you maybe help me what i maybe doing wrong?

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need to click on the shower itself to use it

      Delete
    2. I am having the same problem, it won't show anything when you click on it.

      Delete
    3. I had the same issue. My game is up to date and that wall mounted shower is not operational for me.

      Delete
    4. An update has been provided, please read the update section for more details

      Delete
  16. Really love this bathroom set! I noticed that the extra shelf that can be added to the sink is a different shade of white than the sink just the slightest, is it supposed to be like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I missed updating the sink storage with the slight colour change I did in the sink. Should be updated now.

      Delete
  17. thank you so much !! trop bien !!j'adore vos CC

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEST ONE SO FAR, HOLY MOLY I AM OBSESSED!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your CC is literally my absolute favorite! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the pieces are just beautiful but one thing, do you know why the wall shower doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An update has been provided, please read the update section for details.

      Delete
  21. I've been waiting years for someone to do a bathroom set as beautiful as this one. Thank you so much Peace, you are a God!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your designs! Especially the bathroom & kitchen ones! Your cc is always super helpful to make sims housing more likeable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. so talented and so generous of you to share your work.. thank you so much. happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your design sense is impeccable and your creations are stunning~ don't think the game would be the same without all your gorgeous content. Thank you for all the years of creating & sharing it. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the design of this pack but I have truoubles understanding how I schould put the benchtops together. Some of the svatches fit togeter seamlesly but some does not. Why is it like that or what do I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what part isn't lining up in colour for you? I went through and double-checked mine but they seem to match up. If you got the file before 16th of Dec, i did put out an update to address the countertop colour issue if that is what you are referring to. If it is, i recommend redownloading.

      Delete
  26. What do you mean by "high poly"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider High Poly to be items with over 1200 polys per ingame tile. Higher polycount means loader load times since your GPU has to render them. So if you have a low end PC and can't run the game on ultra settings to begin with, i would avoid items labelled as high poly.

      Delete
  27. Hello! I hope you'll read this.
    Yesterday I was going to use the vase with palm leaf included in this set in my game and it has a squared strange shadows around it. You can see it only when it is placed nearby a wall.
    If you want me to send you a picture I can do it, just reply with a way I can share it with you (I switched on notifications for this post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is the game's SSAO that is highlighting the border of the mesh. Unfortunately there is little i can do to fix it. I usually turn of the SSAO myself because i find it a bit ugly. If you are interested in turning it off in your game, you can find out how to do it here:
      https://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/145505386277/just-a-quick-mini-tutorial-on-how-to-remove-the

      Delete
  28. Thank you so much! i was wondering when you was gonna create another bathroom set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a possibility, but none anytime soon.

      Delete
  29. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you.
    I am kinda new to the mods possibilities and I followed the link to your site from simfans.de
    Now I am your newest follower and will browse through all your creations in the next days. Thanks for keeping me busy during these times. ;)

    Big hugs from Germany

    Cheerio
    RoXXie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Peace, I have been having an issue with the shower door in this set. Is it only compatible with the University version wall shower? my sims are unable to use the shower if its enclosed by the door and surround pieces. As always, love your CC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the BGC shower has a 2 tile footprint unlike the DU one so you cannot place it for a 1 tile shower unfortunately. It will need to be placed 1 tile away for a 2x1 shower size.

      Delete
  31. Wonderful bathroom set! In the pictures there are concrete/stone wall and floor tiles. I can't find those. Can you tell me what tiles you used (i don't mean your tile package)?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello. I love using this set and when I was placing the palm leaves vase it has unusual blocky shadows around the leaves. Wasn't sure if it was just in my game or are others seeing the shadows as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could be a game limitation, it's hard to say. If you have a picture, that would help.

      Delete
  33. Hi! Thank you for your awesome content. I would like to ask, how did you manage to join the sink and the counter so they could fit like they're one? oO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure while in build/buymode to turn on quarter tile placement by pressing F5. this will make objects easier to place.

      Delete
    2. I was never aware of this tool hahahah. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  34. Since im FROM HUDSON NY I feel like i have to download this lol! its perfect! love it tysm peace!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This set is saying script mod failed with the new high school update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not having any issues. The only things i could think of where that would happen is the optional laundry basket requiring laundry day, or the shower requiring Discover University. If you don't own either of those packs remove the pack-dependent items and just use the basegame versions.

      Delete
  36. Gorgeous set but I am having an issue with the hamper. Its saying 'object missing footprint resource' when I try to place it like a mesh is missing but there isn't any listed as being required and I have every pack and expansion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to replicate the issue, both hampers work perfectly in my game. They also have independent footprints and don't rely on anything else to work. Because i can't replicate the issue, all I can suggest is redownloading the hamper and perhaps running a repair game. Also double-checking you have Laundry Day installed, and not just owned.

      Delete