Sunday 22 October 2023

Gently Draping - Layered Drapery Set

 




I fell in love with the curtains that came with the Desert Luxe kit. The seamless spacer, the full length design, it's just a great set of versatile curtains. However, I really wish I could layer other drapery with it. So what did I do? I made my own. 

What you need to know:
  • Curtain snapping is annoying, but there are a new ways around it.
    • remove windows temporarily and place curtains, or
    • hover mouse down below window so it's not snapped to slot, then with MoveObjects on, use the 9/0 keys to move the item up and down to desired height
  • these curtains stick out further from the wall to allow laying of the blinds or sheer curtains, so they are not ideal as counter height curtains, hence why they were not included
The Build item/s feature:
  • basegame compatibility
  • non-default
  • 15 items total
    • 2 blinds
    • Sheer in plain and patterned in 3 wall heights
    • Primary curtains in left and right in 3 wall heights
    • rail piece
  • 32 colour/style options
  • colour filter compatible
  • Found in  Curtains and Blinds categories
  • Find using the keyword "Gently Draping" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
  • The polycount of each item falls within range of Maxis-created content
Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.


My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support through Paypal or support me on Patreon.

17 comments:

  1. Hi just wanted to thank you so much for all your works. I love them greetings from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a curtain like this for a very long time. Finally! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these, Peacy! Lovely set! 🥰☀️🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just aswesome, I like them a lot! Thank you so so much for sharing these! And you are wonderfully talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly the sort of curtains I've wanted since Desert Lux released -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!!! These are amazing!!! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally some really nice useful drapery! Thank you for seeing a need & filling a want of many.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely on fire this year - using Arcadia and Matilda in pretty much every build I do these days, and these curtains are absolutely going in too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always know exactly what the game needs. Cheers from a very long time fan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look good! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The most important thing missing in Sims, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stop these are so pretty! I was looking for some new curtains and these are perfect for just that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. where is the couch from on the picture? I need it! did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, it's my Phumo Sectional you can find here on my blog

      Delete
  15. Precioso ,muchas gracias por tu trabajo

    ReplyDelete