Saturday 30 July 2022

Whilloh Kitchen - Louvred Design with 12 Objects


14th of October, 2020. That was the day this kitchen idea was first born. I know that because I created the folder for the blend file on that day (I do try to be organised). I loved the idea of a louvre kitchen, but never found the time to bring it to reality so it just sat there, forever in limbo taunting me to work on it, or bin it. I loved it too much to throw away such a unique idea, so it just sat there. After such a shitty start to 2022, I finally opened up the blend file, promptly remapped it, and got to work finishing it. I am really glad I did. I get British Colonial vibes, where it's classic design meets tropical relaxation, and I finally got around to making rattan I like, and that works with the style of TS4. Now everyone can enjoy the final product and what I envisioned almost 2 years ago when I came up with it. 

What you need to know:
  • I would consider this set on the higher end of poly count because of the louvres, so be away of that.
  • Black countertop variant requires white countertop variant in-game as well because they share textures
  • Unlike my previous kitchens, the island isn't designed to be doubled with standard counters for a wide island. The detailing stopped that from happening, but still works in my opinion.

Updates:

The Build item/s feature:
  • basegame compatibility
  • non-default
  • 30 colour/style options
  • colour filter compatible
  • Find using the keyword "Whilloh" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
  • Price and polycount:
    • Counter ($265, 970/734/734/1320/648 polys)
    • Island ($265, 1030/804/804/216/1408/410/600 polys)
    • Sink ($325, 1056 polys)
    • Cabinets ($175, 678/1534/558/735/591/403/403 polys)
    • Fridge Surrounds ($265, 736 polys)
    • Rangehood ($235, 446 polys)
    • Barstool ($175, 946 polys)
    • Backed Barstool ($750, 922 polys)
Note: I would consider this set medium to high poly because of the louvres. If you run an older machine, or on the lowest game settings, this could visibly slow down your game when using many peices.

Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.

Download:

SimFileShare | Curseforge Google Drive

My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support through Paypal or support me on Patreon.

7 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you very much for yet another beautiful set! You are, in my humble opinion, one of the best, if not THE best cc creator out there. Thank you for continuing to create and share all of your wonderful, unique ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing set! I haven't played TS4 in over a year but I still wait impatiently for your cc. I've been playing Home Design 3D & I wish I could have your cc in there too. Much ❤️ from US (North Carolina).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect! Thank you so much! 🥰✨🥰

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful in-game -- it may have knocked the Provence set out as my fav Peace set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this wonderful kitchen and all your other sets. I prefer playing with alpha cc but your content is so gorgeous it goes well with both MM and alpha. I have all your cc. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always! Just wondering where the stove is from? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's the throwback stove from Parenthood GP

      Delete