Saturday 14 August 2021

Phumo Seating - Sectional Sofa and Chaise

After Dream Home Decorator came out I knew that everyone who asked me to make a sectional would come knocking on my door saying "you said you would make a sectional if Maxis made one!" I am a man of my word and this is my first proper sectional utilising the new system. I will do more, but I will not solely make these as I still prefer the traditional seating and it's proportions. So don't expect a lot of these from me, there are some drawbacks and they require a different, more time-consuming process to ensure they look 'right' to me. It's nice to have another option though, and opens up more possibilities in the future.

What you need to know:
  • Although these are made with Dream Home Design GP as a base item, as long as you have a fully updated game, the sectional will function as a BGC item. However the chaise will not work without DHD installed. It will show up in-game, but cannot be interacted with. You can still use it as a decor object is you wish. 
  • After some reports, this appears to be hidden in Basegame without DHD installed (usually not the case) so for the time being, this will require DHD to work. 
  • I have only tested this by disabling the pack, as that is the only method available to me 
The Build item/s feature:
  • Requires Dream Home Decorator
  • non-default
  • 32 colour/style options
  • colour filter compatible
  • Find using the keyword "Phumo" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
  • Price and polycount:
    • Sectional ($175, 408/526/580/632/632/920/328/1386 polys)
    • Chaise ($225, 518/746/746/1076 polys)
Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.

Download:

SimFileShare | Curseforge Google Drive

My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support through Paypal or support me on Patreon.

22 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a great set! thanks for all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laundry can wait!!! I'm going to play with SIMS4 with your beautiful new furniture instead. Thank you for all that you do. You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a wizard Har-- Peacey! LOVE IT! Thanks for taking the time, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeus but dosen't appears at my game, it happend with someone else? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you grabbed from SimFileShare make sure you extracted the archive. Your game also needs to be updated to at least Dream Home Designer release for these to work.

      Delete
  5. You are most definitely a man of your word, Peacy! This is absolutely marvelous! Thank you!!! 🥰🤗🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Thanks for the amazing content! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous as always. Love your creations, Peacemaker. I'm hoping that you consider doing something with Cottage Living in the future, ie: windows/doors/furniture. Thank you so much for your hard work. Always love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Peacemaker! First of all, I absolutely love your creations, you're my favorite cc creator for ts4. Thank you for sharing your work with us <3
    I only have the base game and for some reason this set is not appearing to me. My game is full updated and I already extracted the archive. Do you know what might be going?
    Ty again c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people have reported this as well. I disable packs to test things like this, but apparently that is not enough in this case. For the time being, this will require DHD to function.

      Delete
  9. Hi peacemaker, I don't know if your aware, but serenebluesims has a sectional couch on Maxis Match CC World that they managed to make fully Base Game Compatible and appears to work fine. They appeared to use someone's base file that allowed creators to make modular seating base game compatible (according to the post its Alistu). Talking to them might help you figure out how to get your seating base game compatible. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i am aware of the BGC file (and addressed it in my post about the sectional separate from this post), and that was made after I had completed this sectional. It would need to be completely remade. As it stands, Phumo will just require DHD, which is ideal to have a functional chaise which I envisioned with this set. You cannot have a chaise basegame compatible in this form, so I am not to fussed with it requiring DHD (not a deal breaker). I may address it in the future, but it's not a priority right now. Unfortunately disabling a pack in Origin does not fully mimic if a pack isn't installed, which sucks for testing in the future and led to this issue. I will just be more vigilant in the future.

      Delete
  10. Yay, I absolutely LOVE this!! TYSM for creating this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello guys!!!
    A big thank you to the creator for these amazing creation.
    Also I was wondering about where the rectangular and round table are from (whether they are from game packs or from simssationaldesigns... I just know I do have the trangular table but not so sure from where I got it guess I gotta check on my own but I'd still appreciate anyone's help).
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are all my creations you can find here on my blog. The triangular coffee table is the Plectra coffee table from Futura Living, and the other 2 coffee tables from from my Kitayama Living set.

      Delete
    2. I'm really thankful!!!!
      :)>

      Delete
  12. Where is the diamond grey rug from? its a gorgeous rug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's the Contemporary Carpet rug from Tiny Home Living SP. I enlarged it once because it's quite small to start with.

      Delete
  13. I love this so much, thank you for all your work! <3
    Side note: From what cc pack is that console table from? it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The console is the modular cabinets from my Kitayama Living set.

      Delete
  14. Hi could you please tell me where the cabinet/drawers on the left in the picture are from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, they are part of my modular built-in from Kitayama Living: https://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com/2021/06/kitayama-living-japanese-scandi-fusion.html

      Delete