Saturday 11 July 2020

StrangerVille Buildmode Expanded - 43 New Objects and 1 Default Replacement


This set was a long time coming, and I am so happy it's done. I love the style StrangerVille went with, since Carpenter Gothic is the often forgotten sibling of Gothic Architecture, and it gave a lot of material to work with since there were clearly three distinct sets. With a bumpy start from the window update that came with Eco Lifestyle postponing it to see how that would affect new objects, it is finally done, and became quite an extensive addon. I will definitely get a lot of use from the unique sets within the Game Pack now that I have more options.
What you need to know:
  • There are no 2 tile versions of the 1 tile build items. I considered doing it, but was at the point that I just wanted the set finished. I don't require them for my game because of the update. I do understand some do being on a legacy version, but given the work already put in, it was more then I wanted to sink in to add them and an additional download. 
  • The doors are now in short wall height, one of the biggest suggestions I got. One door couldn't be easily shrunk so it was left out, but got a matching doorway. 
  • The "4 tile" arched aperture window is actually 3 tiles which I kept that way. With the free placement it has more versatility as a 3 tile window that's wider then the  original. 
  • The default replacement is for the Sansadoor arch where I adjusted the mesh groups so you no longer see parts of the mesh are missing when viewing from certain angles. 
Updates:
  • 28/10/2020: Now compatible with patch 1.66 new cutout system
The Build item/s feature:
  • REQUIRES STRANGERVILLE GP
  • non-default
  • 43 new items and 1 default replacement in all original styles
  • colour filter compatible
  • Find using the keyword "StrangerVille" using my tutorial here
  • custom thumbnails
Download from either of the below links. To install, if an archive, extract using WINZip/WinRAR/7Zip for PC or Unarchiver for Mac, and place the folder or package files in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. If you are having issues check out my Installing Content help page.

Download:

SimFileShare |  Curseforge Google Drive

My content will always be free, but if you are so inclined and able, you can show your support and buy me a coffee

38 comments:

  1. W o w... you did a fabulous job ♥ Thank you very much !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this outstanding set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The medium TheMoreDoorway glitches like crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could you be more specific? I am not seeing any issue in my game.

      Delete
    2. I took a screenshot:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yx6rf3gW5lZ1mdfhK0zGlNLQS0Koldte/view?usp=sharing

      Delete
    3. Not seeing exactly what you are but something not meant to be happening (thought you were referring to the other arch, not Tully one initially) but investigated and think I found the issue. Try redownloading from google drive (it updates the file faster then SFS database) and let me know if that solves your issue.

      Delete
  4. thank you so much your creations are insane and beautiful and just a huge thank you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much I've wanted these options for so long - Outstanding as always

    ReplyDelete
  6. У Вас золотые руки! Спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your amazing work! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome!! I love your content.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous set! Do you allow conversions to sims 2?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been waiting for this forEVER!! Ahhhhh, THANK YOU~ You are a saint -- a very, very talented saint, I tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a truly a treasure among the sims community. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG FINALLY YES! You dont realise how long I have been wanting a strangerville build addon sooo soo happy! All we need now is a Realm of Magic addon which Im sure people have already said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I absolutely love your cc! Just out of curiosity, are you going to play paralives when it comes out? I would absolutely love to see all the builds and CC for paralives too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no interest in ParaLives at this time

      Delete
  14. gracias por tus hermosas creaciones

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are they working after the September patch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, i do have a separate post addressing this. When they are updated the posted will be updated as well as a separate blog post addressing it.

      Delete
  16. will you be updating the doors to be compatible with the update? i really love all these doors but i cant use them anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have addressed this in a post on my blog

      Delete
  17. I know you have a massive job with the update for these, but I was wondering if you would consider adding a black (& maybe silver knocker) swatch for this set in the future? I had a separate only black swatch mod for the StrangerVille ones before you posted these and it felt so dumb to have the black ones separate when you have such an extensive add-on with more options, but I really love the black swatch. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No plans to add swatches to this set at this time. I don't use black a lot in decorating so I didn't see the point to do it for myself. Assuming they recoloured all the objects I edited, you should be able to export the textures, add a new style to mine and import those for personal use if you are familiar enough with S4S. Of course you will need to wait for the sets to be compatible with the new patch if you haven't updated yet.

      Delete
    2. No, they recoloured the Maxis set, not yours, and yours is way more extensive. I don't see a reason to just add the swatch to a few when I use all, besides which, the only thing I know how to do with S4S is just how to retag them, remove swatches and delete the CC. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

      Delete
  18. OMG thank you so much for updating all windows and doors in your sets... What a work it must have been for you! Sims 4 is now fun again... <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I updated my game to Snowy Escape I'm having issues with this set. When I place the windows and doors the walls are transparent above and below the windows and the doors just show the door frame. Thought I would let you know. All the other sets work fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buildmode items were broken with Journey To Batuu and sounds like you haven't installed that update until recently. I have updated my content so you can either redownload, or run S4S's batch fix.

      Delete
    2. actually this set will need to be redownloaded, the batchfix only works for older windows without a model cutout resource which these have but can't be edited by the batch fix.

      Delete
  20. Strangerville build mode stuff are my fave things! I use them in every house and this set makes it even better! Thank you so much! I pretty much use all your stuff in my game anymore. Your kitchens are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello. I find this window and doors addon great! Also that you have also changed the objects for a short wall user (as I like it is)!
    Finally I wanted to install it - but I had stiffened on the color BLACK - and was very sad that there is no fashionable black!
    My windows and doors were built in Country Crafter - Nifty Knitting-Inspired Buildmode Set!

    I just like to use your objects - thank you very much for that!

    Translated with the Windows Translator from German

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry but I downloaded it and went into the game, but the building items aren't showing up. Do you know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do need to make sure strangerville is installed (requires the pack) and that the archive has been extracted.

      Delete
  23. Welp, Strangerville just moved up the wishlist by a lot. 😂😍

    ReplyDelete