Saturday 10 December 2016

City Living Window and Door Addons





City Living has some interesting build mode items. Interesting-good by the way, not bad by any means. However, the modern windows were only limited to the medium and tall wall heights, and only in 3 tile versions. That will just not do. That size is far from versatile so I had to go about making some addons for the items so they were more usable then in their current state. After much troubleshooting, they are done and ready to enjoy.
I was also asked if I would consider fixing the blue glass, which I have also done, so if the blue tint was stopping you from using these windows, fear no more! This was done by creating a default replacement for those textures. If you like the blue glass, feel free to delete the package file called "PC-TS4-ADO-CLBlueGlassDR" which will keep all windows like the way Maxis designed them.
Do note: all textures are linked to the original game files. This keeps file size down as there is no point duplicating the same textures.

Updates:
  • 28/10/2020: Now compatible with patch 1.66 new cutout system

Details:
  • Requires City Living
  • 10 original colour options for windows and 9 for doors
  • All items have correct diagonal wall meshes
  • cost and polycount for "Scattered Panes" windows:
    - 1 Tile short/medium/all: $195/$207/$217, 116/116/116 polys
    - 2 Tile short/medium/tall: $200/$210/$220, 116/116/152 polys
    - 3 Tile short: $205, 112 polys
  • cost and polycount for "Frost You House" doors:
    - 2 Tile short/medium/tall: $440/$465/$490, 396/396/496 polys
    - 3 Tile short: $445, 396 polys
  • custom thumbnails
  • found in respective wall height door and window sections of build mode
The archive contains the package file and style images inside a folder. Extract the archive using winRAR or winZIP and drop the package file in your mods folder and look for it in-game. 

Download:

9 comments:

  1. Thank you! EA should start paying you for finishing their work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, when I'm decorating my homes and see your icon on a thumbnail in my catalog. I always think to myself "oh yeah I love his shit!"

    Thank you so much for your awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can someone help me how to make this mode work? I don't speak english fluently so I don't understand everything :/ I watched tutorial and all that other stuff but my modes on sims 4 doesn't workk... :(( Help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You best bet is to find someone in the sims community that speaks your native language and understand how mods work. I am afraid that will be difficult here since most of the people that visit my blog speak english.

      The basic thing you need to do is download the file, use winZIP or winRAR to get the mods out, then put in your Sims 4 mods folder.

      hopefully you can find someone that can guide you through it, so try searching for local forums or even facebook groups.

      Delete
  4. That cabinet is fire... is it CC or is it in one of the packs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!, that is from my Atwood Dining set addon. You can find it here:
      http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/atwood-dining-content-collection-addon.html

      Delete
  5. I'm sure I speak for most people when I say How much I appreciate ALL YOUR hard work and time spending on these perfectly perfect creations!! Thank you very much ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Peacemaker,
    I would like to write a little note. You mentioned about the blue glass remover package but the file name "PC-TS4-CLBlueGlassDR" does not excist but file name PC-TS4-ADO-CLBlueGlassDR.package. I wanted to let you know if somebody use Ctrl+F shortcut code to find the file, then they can't find it since they don't match.

    Overall I do like your work!
    <3

    ReplyDelete