My second build-mode set, I wanted something a bit more contemporary so i went for an MCM style set. I love the half-hipped roofing by always lamented the lack of low-pitch windows or them. You could guarantee angled windows for 45 degree angles, but anything lower then that were just out of the question. Not anymore though, I have solved that issue and I now have a great set for making modern homes with a MCM twist.
Due to the length of these posts and for ease of updating, you can find the download and info under the cut.
A few notes on this set in regards to usability and features:
- Windows and exterior doors come in 2 wood versions: one with white on the interior, and one with all wood. The fact that EA windows force me to have wood inside all the time, I fixed that here. The coloured versions all have white trim on the interior though.
- The angled clerestory windows have a left and right version for the styles with white interior trim. The catalogue thumbnails are labelled to clearly show which which version is which. The swatches are ordered with left first, then the all wood, then the right versions last.
- The standard window variants have a diagonal wall mesh, but nothing else does.
- You will need to use MOO to place the angled clerestory windows in certain scenarios
- Use the MOO up and down movement keys as well as 1/4 tile placement (F5 key) to make placing the beams easier.
- All windows have curtain slots, unlike my Graciously Georgian set.
- Due to the sheer size of the textures, each set has linked textures that are shared between those unique window types contained in a separate package. Make sure these are installed or the windows will not render properly if you choose the separated set!
- The thumbnails are also contained in a separate pacakage file for the separated archive. If you don't want custom thumbnails, just delete that package.
The Build/Buy items feature:
- basegame compatibility
- 34 meshes in total with between 25 and 60 colour/style options:
- find items easily using phrase "Vaulted" or "Ranch" in search bar (try this tutorial to easily find my sets)
- style (found under "Modern") and colour filter compatible
- custom thumbnails
- Style tool compatible
- Pricing and polycount as follows:
- Angled Clerestory window 01 ($10, 114 polys)
- Angled Clerestory window 02 ($12, 156 polys)
- Angled Clerestory window 03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10 ($14/16/18/20/24/26/28, 164 polys)
- Clerestory window 01/02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09 ($11/13/15/17/19/21/23/25/27, 164 polys)
- 1 Tile standard window - loft/counter/short/medium ($60/120/140/180, 244/252/252/252 polys)
- 2 Tile standard window - loft/counter/short/medium ($70/130/220/240, 236/240/240/240 polys)
- 2 Tile door short ($480, 1444 polys)
- 2 Tile door medium ($500, 1732 polys)
- 3 Tile door short ($550, 1444 polys)
- 3 Tile door medium ($570, 1732 polys)
- Structural Beam - Straight/Inclined/Declined ($20, 16 polys)
As usual, there are 2 downloads, merged and separate. The archives contain the package file(s) and style images inside a folder. Extract the archive using winRAR or WinZip, place the package file(s) in your mods folder, then look for them in your game. I hope you enjoy.
I have also uploaded the files individually for those with the separated packages to download the items separately. There will be no alternate download for these individual files.
Download Individual Items:
Download Individual Items: